We collect and preserve all types of digital data
Data collection is perhaps the most technically rigorous and complex of all the e-discovery phases. It involves the extraction of potentially relevant electronically stored information (ESI) from its native source into a separate repository. Because collection involves direct interaction with data, most people think of it as principally an IT activity. However, an effective collection strategy demands active involvement of both legal and IT professionals alike.
- All platforms, devices and data types
- Custodial and non-custodial data sources
- Computers, servers, mobile devices, USB devices and cloud
- Database, web, wiki, social media, structured and unstructured data expertise
- Onsite, remote & targeted collections
- Evidence management including chain of custody, secure storage and matter-end destruction